The legitimacy of the domestic institutional system is a significant factor of political stability and an important condition of solving current socio-economic development problems. Several new factors negatively influence legitimacy. An explanatory scheme is needed of the conditions for developing effective measures to strengthen legitimacy. First, it is important to highlight institutions of institutional legitimization. Historical and transformational analysis shows that in a secular society the nation is the institution of such legitimation. At the same time, the "Nation" as a social institution functions to integrate values and social interests, which are significant factors in the effectiveness of the institutional system.
1. DiMaggio P., Powell W.W. (1983) The Iron Cage Revisited: Institutional Isomorphism and Collective Rationality in Organizational Fields. American Sociological Review. vol. 48, no. 2. pp. 147-160.
2. Diskin I. (2016) Instituty: zagadka y sudba [Institutions: Mystery and Destiny]. Moscow: Political encyclopedia.
3. Diskin I. (2021) Konservativnaya modernizastiya [Conservative Nodernization] Moscow: Political encyclopedia.
4. Kaspe S. (2012) Politicheskaya teologia i nation-building: obchie pologenia, rossiyskiy sluchay [Political theology and nation-building: general provisions, Russian case]. Moscow: ROSSPENG.
5. Legoida V. (2000) Religiznost v bezreligioznuyu epohu [Religion in the Non-religious Era]. Al'manah Al'fa i Omega. vol. 1 (23), 2 (24), 4 (26). (https://religions.am/wp-content/uploads/2017/05).
6. Manoilo A. Strygunov K. (2020) Deligitimazaziya Vyborov. Novye technologiyi organizaziyi gosudarstvennych perevorotov ot Lissabona do Vladivostotka, ot Karacasa do Minska [The Delegitimization of Elections. New Technologies for Organizing Coups from Lisbon to Vladivostok, from Caracas to Minsk]. Report. Moscow.
7. Miller A. (2020) Naziya ily moguchestvo mifa [The Mation or the Power of Myth]. Public lecture. Polit.ru. July 6, 2020. (https://polit.ru/article/2020/07/06/natioormyth).
8. North D.C. (1990) Institution, Institutional Change and Economic Performance. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
9. Parsons T. (2000) O structure socialnogo deystviya [The Structure of Social Action]. Мoscow: Akademicheskiy proekt.
10. Pozner V. (2020) Vladimir Pozner – o «druzhbe» v Rossii i v Amerike [Vladimir Pozner about the Friendship in Russia and America]. An Interview. Pozner Online. (https://pozneronline.ru/2020/08/28987/).
11. Rossiyskiy Proryv y zadachy grazhdanskogo obchestva [Russian Breakthrough and the Challenges of Civil Society] (2019). Special report. Public Chamber of the Russian Federation.
12. Shils E. (1975) Center and Periphery: Essays in Macrosociology. Chicago.: The Univ. Chicago Press.
13. Tishkov V. (2010) Rossiyskiy narod. Kniga dlya uchitelya [The Russian People. A Book for a Teacher] Moscow: Prosvecheniye.