The problem of eliminating poverty in China is today one of the hottest topics in the country along with the corona virus epidemic. By the end of 2020, according to the long-term strategic plans of China, the construction of a middle-class society in Xiaokan is to be completed.
The article discusses the program aimed at the liquidation of poverty in China, the ways and methods of its solution, which allowed in a short time – the life of two generations – to actually achieve the elimination of absolute poverty in a country with 1,4 billion people.
The new model of targeted poverty alleviation, based on Xi Jinping concept of targeting, is specifically examined. It is distinguished by a differentiated approach to solving the problem of poverty in different areas, identifying the object of poverty, focusing on a specific object of poverty, taking into account the main characteristics of poverty (the reason and type of poverty, degree of poverty, etc.), in accordance with which a specific way (project) to eliminate poverty is used, as well as the requirement of personal responsibility in each case.
The program, demands to proceed from a real situation, analyzing specific problems, conducting focused work, having a specific goal, achieving efficiency. You need to clearly know: who to help, who helps and is specifically responsible, how to help. That program ensures high degree of efficiency in eliminating poverty in the country in recent years.
1. Studying Xi Jinping’s Compendium of Poverty Alleviation Provisions. Decisively fight for the eradication of poverty, write a new page in the history of the fight against poverty of humanity. People’s Daily. 21.08.2018 (In Chin.). http://politics.people.com.cn/n1/2018/0821/c1001-30239990.html (accessed 21.08.2018)
2. Chen Li talks about Xi Jinping’s Compendium of Poverty Alleviation Provisions. People’s Daily. 13.11.2018 (In Chin.). http://theory.people.com.cn/n1/2018/1113/c-40531-30397610.html (accessed 29.02.2020)
3. Wang Qinsong. The institutional system of poverty alleviation with Chinese characteristics. People’s Daily. 16.01.2020 (In Chin.). http://theory/people/com/cn/n1/2020/0116/c40531-31551545.html (accessed 17.01.2020)
4. Liu Yansui, Zhou Yang, Liu Jilai. 2016. Features of zoning of poverty in a Chinese village and the strategy of addressing it. Zhongguo kesue yuan yuan’kan. № 3, p. 269 (In Chin.); 1994-2016. China Academic Journal. Electronic Publishing House. http://www/cnki.net (accessed 04.01.2020)
5. Zhang I. 2016. The main problems in the work on targeted poverty eradication in China at present and measures to improve it. Goji jingji pinlun. P. 78 (In Chin.)
6. Wei Hoogui. 2018. The new poverty alleviation strategy in China after 2020. Zhongzhou shuekan (Academic Journal of Zhongzhou). № 9, p. 37 (In Chin.)
7. Yu Jianto. 2018. How has poverty alleviation in China really become possible? Zhongguo gaige. 2018. № 2, p. 22 (In Chin.)
8. Dan Guoing. 2016. Types of poverty and the choice of poverty eradication strategy. Zhuan yanguang kan jingji, jingji yanguang kan Zhonggou. № 9, p. 70 (In Chin.); 1994-2017. China Academic Journal. Electronic Publishing House. http://www.cnki.net (accessed 01.03.2020)
9. Xi Fengqin, Hua Zhengxue. 2017. An analysis of the ideas of targeted struggle against poverty Xi Jinping from the standpoint of integrity. Nune Jingji. № 1, p. 6 (In Chin.)
10. Wu Chuani. A decisive struggle to eradicate poverty demonstrates systemic benefits. People’s Daily. 11.03.2020 (In Chin.). http://theory/people/com/cn/n1/2020/0311/c40531-31626484.html (accessed 14.03.2020)
11. The 5th Plenary Session of the 18th CPC Congess: Decisions. People’s Daily. 29.11.2015 (In Chin.). http://politics.people.com.cn/n/2015/1129/c1024-27867560.html (accessed 29.11.2015)