In recent years, the rise of serious military, political, economic and political contradictions between the United States of America and the People's Republic of China became a reality. In American political circles they started talking about a new Cold (and even possibly Hot) War between the two countries. The growth of Chinese military power and economic potential causes an alarm in American ruling circles. The Chinese People’s Liberation Army challenged the U.S. absolute military preponderance in the Western part of the Pacific Ocean. The Chinese military can use against the Americans the tactics of Anti-Access/Area Denial, thus changing radically the balance of power in the Asia-Pacific Region. Mainland China now is the strongest economy in the world, undermining thus the U.S. global economic positions. The American political and academic elite is also concerned about the possibility of forming a Russian-Chinese anti-American Alliance. In the U.S., however, there is no unity as to who America's main enemy in the new cold war is - Russia or China. In any foreseeable future, America will have to confront such strong opponents as Russia and China, under the conditions of disorder and discontent in the United States.
1. Batyuk V.I. 2016. Istoriya mezhdunarodnykh otnoshenij. Uchebnik dlya akademicheskogo bakalavriata. M.: Izdatel'stvo «Yurajt». 483 s.
2. Batyuk V.I. 2017. Vozmozhnyj amerikano-kitajskij konflikt v otsenkakh amerikanskikh spetsialistov. Rossiya i Amerika v XXI veke [ehlektronnyj zhurnal]. № 1. (http://www.rusus.ru/?act=read&id=541
3. Bzhezinskij Zb. 2017. Krizis mirovoj vlasti i trojstvennyj soyuz SShA, Kitaya i Rossii. Rossiya v global'noj politike. 9 yanvarya. Available at: http://www.globalaffairs.ru/global-processes/Krizis-mirovoi-vlasti-i-troistvennyi-soyuz-SShA-Kitaya-i-Rossii-18528 (accessed 7.12.2018).
4. Kissindzher G. 1997. Diplomatiya. M.: Ladomir, 903 c.
5. Lukin V.P. (red.) 1979. SShA i problemy Tikhogo okeana. Mezhdunarodno-politicheskie aspekty. 1979. Lukin V.P. i dr. (red.). M.: Mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya, 1979, 371 c.
6. Pechatnov V.O., Manykin A.S. Istoriya vneshnej politiki SShA. M.: Mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya, 2012, 672 c.
7. Torkunov A.V. Mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya v Aziatsko-Tikhookeanskom regione. Sovremennye mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya. Pod red. A.V. Torkunova, A.V. Mal'gina. M.: Izdatel'stvo "Aspekt Press", 2017, 688 c.
8. Utkin A.I. 2005. Mirovaya «kholodnaya vojna». M. «Ehksmo», «Algoritm»,736c.
9. Kissinger H. Diplomacy. – New York: A Touchstone Book. Simon & Schuster, 1994. – 912 p.
10. Chellaney B. 2018. The End of America’s China Fantasy. Project Syndicate. October 22, 2018. Available at: https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/us-china-policy-trade-war-competition-by-brahma-chellaney-2018-10 (accessed 07.12.2018).
11. Hanson V. A New Era for the China-Russia-U.S. Triangle. National Interest. October 11, 2018. Available at: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/a-new-era-for-the-china-russia-u-s-triagle/ (accessed 07.12.2018).
12. Kendall-Taylor A., Shullman D. 2018. How Russia and China Undermine Democracy Can the West Counter the Threat? Foreign Affairs. October 2. Available at: https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/china/2018-10-02/how-russia-and-china-undermine-democracy (accessed 20.02.2019).
13. Manuel A. It's Not Too Late to Prevent a Russia-China Axis. Here’s how the U.S. can avoid driving the two countries together. The Atlantic. September 14, 2018. Available at: https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/09/china-russia-alliance-military-exercises/570202/ (accessed 20.02.2019 (accessed 21.02.2019).
14. Palmer J. Russia Is 4chan, China Is Facebook. Mike Pence’s equation of Beijing’s influence with Moscow’s hacking was misleading and dangerous. // Foreign Policy. October 10, 2018. Available at: https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/10/10/russia-is-4chan-china-is-facebook/ accessed 20.11.2018).
15. Pei M. Opasnaya tajvan'skaya politika Kitaya. //Project Syndicate. Jan-uary 11, 2019. Available at: https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/china-taiwan-policy-conflict-with-america-by-minxin-pei-2019-01/russian (accessed 30.11.2018).
16. Ramton R. Pence to tell China: We will not be intimidated in South China Sea. Oc-tober 4, 2018. Available at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-pence/pence-to-tell-china-we-will-not-be-intimidated-in-south-china-sea-idUSKCN1ME05W (accessed 12.01.2018).
17. Salam R. Is China or Russia America’s Defining Rival? The debate doesn’t just have consequences for U.S. foreign policy—it will define the next decades of domestic affairs as well. The Atlantic. January 9, 2018. Available at: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/china-or-russia-american-enemy/572479/ (accessed 30.01.2019).